Saturday, October 29, 2011

Gran Turismo 4 - ACCELERATION AND BREAKING: 2


1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J)

B  License Test
2.       ACCELERATION AND BREAKING: 2
Test Car: 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J)

Gold Time: 0’11.000
Silver Time: 0’11.220
Bronze Time: 0’12.200

The second test for the B License category is Acceleration and Braking: 2. these test is a little bit similar from the first one, because of the same objective that has to be completed to pass. The only difference is I will be driving in a longer track, which is 200 meters, double the distance from the previous track, in full speed. And this time, I will be driving a much faster and much powerful car. The 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo.

The Mitsubishi 3000GT at the starting Line
From the starting line, I have to dash to the 200-meter line and bring the car to a complete stop as near to the finish line as possible. Now, I have to be very precise here on braking, because if I hit it too early I will most likely push the accelerate button again to bring the vehicle at the right spot where it should stop. If I hit the brake a little too late, there is a possibility that the car won’t stop immediately because the distance from the starting line is greater, the rate of travel will also be faster. If that happens, I will most likely hit the cones at the end of the finish line and fail the test automatically.

Mitsubishi 3000GT
And now, the actual test. When the ”START” appeared on the screen, I pressed the X button right away. Well, according to FFBeowulf on his License Test Guide, “Do NOT NOT NOT put full throttle down from the starting line” and I must start my throttle at 4000rpm to hit a good launch. As soon as I reached the 100-meter mark, I released the X button to decrease my speed. Because of that, I knew that I can now say bye-bye to the gold and silver trophy. But that’s okay, my primary objective is not to gather as many gold or silver as I can, but rather to pass the entire license tests from B License to S License. That’s all.

At the finish line
























When I saw that the blue line became red, I immediately hit the square button. And the car stopped where I expected it to stop. The bronze GT logo appeared on the screen telling me that I successfully passed the second test with the time 0’12.187. 

No comments:

Post a Comment