Saturday, October 29, 2011

Gran Turismo 4 - BASICS OF CORNERING: 1





1992 Honda CR-X del Sol SiR



B  License Test
3.       BASICS OF CORNERING: 1
Test Car: 1992 Honda CR-X del Sol SiR
Track: Deep Forest Raceway

Gold Time: 0’30.900
Silver Time: 0’31.500
Bronze Time: 0’33.500

In-Game Instruction:
1992 Honda CR-X del Sol SiR
We’ll tackle the essentials of the”out-in-out” racing line for this test using the first corner of the Deep Forest course. As you run flat out on the straight, veer to the outside edge of the track. Look for the curbing and the apex. If the car runs over the curbing, keep the throttle constant, because if you’re too aggressive with the gas pedal, you’ll invoke under steer. This will result in going off at the exit.

I am now on the third part of the B-License Test, and I am now one step further in the game in terms of difficulty. Well, it says”basic of cornering”. At the start, I thought it’s pretty simple, but I was fooled by it. I failed the test twice before getting the bronze trophy.

1992 Honda CR-X del Sol SiR
My first attempt was dumb and stupid. I knew that I was going to tackle an apex, but still I decided not to decrease my throttle and instead went flat-out. My vehicle ended up on the grassy area of the track. And on the second attempt, it was actually more of my own mistake. After exiting the turn, I aimed my car to the right edge but miscalculated my speed and went a little bit out of control. You know what happened next…

Third attempt. The moment the ”Start” signal flashed on the screen, my car went  from 4.9mph to 85mph as it nears the curb. I immediately pressed the brake before reaching the turn and it gave me enough space to maneuver my car properly as I aimed again for the right edge. I was a little bit worried that my vehicle will slide to the side, but because the car has good grip it went smoothly all the way to the finish line. I was actually hoping that I could get the gold on this one, or at least the silver, but I don’t know where I went wrong and I only got the bronze for 0’31.923. It was okay, at least I passed… LOL!

At the Finish Line



















FEATURED CAR:
1949 Volkswagen Beetle 1100 Standard (Type-11)
Type: RR
Power: 24HP/3300rpm
Torque: 49.18ft.lb/2000rpm

1949 Volkswagen Beetle 1100 Standard (Type-11)















Right Side
Rear Side
Volkswagen in action










No comments:

Post a Comment