Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gran Turismo 4 - ACCELERATION AND BREAKING:1


B  License Test 
1.       ACCELERATION AND BREAKING: 1
Test Car: Mazda Demio ‘99

Gold Time: 0’10.150
Silver Time: 0’10.400
Bronze Time: 0’11.300

Before I start with my first License Test, let me just say that I have learned a lot from Gran Turismo 4 online forums, which were posted by GT4 gamers since 2005. And I found a lot of helpful information and tips about the game. It’s really amazing, how some people managed to come up with those ideas, theories, strategies and all. They dedicated their precious time and exerted a lot of effort to go a very long mile just for the sake of the gaming universe.

I admire these guys, especially that guy by the name of Orion_SR. And the Japanese dude who did a lot of research about the B-Spec topic.

It took me a while to come up with my next post, because I’ve been doing a lot of reading from various forums about Gran Turismo 4. Some of them are pretty old posts, like 2005, but still very interesting to read.

And now for the License Test.

This test is basically about accelerating and braking on the right time and spot. I drove a 1999 Mazda DEMIO from the starting line. The main objective was to gain speed from the starting line and put the car to a complete halt in the blue checkered mark on the tarmac. By doing this, you also have to avoid hitting the cones.  

Before I took the test, I consulted some FAQs and guides first on how to pass it. And I found  FFBeowulf’s guide in GameFAQ’s.com very helpful. I have also learned that by pressing the R3 button, it will enable the colored blue line in the road that will serve as a guide on when and where to hit the brake.  The first test was not so easy as I thought. Finding the proper moment and spot to brake was the key, in which I failed to find, that caused me from failing the test two times in a row.

The third attempt was successful, and I earned a Silver Trophy by gaining 0’10.371.


No comments:

Post a Comment